Disclaimer:all viewers please read!

Although all attempts will be made to publish correct information on this site, mistakes do occur; consequently the publisher/author of this site take no responsibility for any inconvenience, injury or loss- monetary or otherwise- resulting from the use of information from this site. as this site is for entertainment purposes only, the viewer assumes sole responsibility for the use of information. Outdoor activities such as landscape photography, hiking, climbing, etc., are inherently risky; anyone engaging in such activity is solely responsible for educating his/herself in the skills necessary for safe participation in these activities.

Monday, April 23, 2012

I recently hiked to Kings River Falls; an area I have wanted to see for a while; the area turned out to be prettier than I expected! This is near Boston, Arkansas, which is a rural community in northwest Arkansas. I will try to post  directions in the future. There is a small parking place right by a small creek that is the trailhead. The trail follows this creek and joins Kings River downstream a bit. The trail is level with just a few rough spots and takes no more than 30-40 minutes to get to the falls area. I arrived in late afternoon and stayed until sunset. This area looks like a perfect summer swimming hole; it was a bit too cool for me to take a dip at this time of year though. All in all, an easy, enjoyable hike.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Beautiful picture! I'm glad you posted that--we were thinking about taking the kids last weekend and I was wondering if it was still too cool. It's a couple of hours from us and we made the drive last summer. It was well worth the hike and wasn't really that crowded. I think the remoteness of it keeps people away.

Paul Martin said...

hi, Melanie, thanks for the comment. As warm as it has been recently, I am not sure it wouldn't be warm enough to swim! it's definitely a beautiful spot...