Disclaimer:all viewers please read!

Although all attempts will be made to publish correct information on this site, mistakes do occur; consequently the publisher/author of this site take no responsibility for any inconvenience, injury or loss- monetary or otherwise- resulting from the use of information from this site. as this site is for entertainment purposes only, the viewer assumes sole responsibility for the use of information. Outdoor activities such as landscape photography, hiking, climbing, etc., are inherently risky; anyone engaging in such activity is solely responsible for educating his/herself in the skills necessary for safe participation in these activities.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

After being stopped by the bluff, I backtracked and headed due west straight down the steep hillside a bit before sunset, slipping and falling here and there on the leaves and loose rocks.  This looks like prime rattlesnake territory, and more than once I would step into a crevice filled with leaves expecting several of them to be attached to my leg, luckily I didn't see any of them. After dropping  a good ways down the hillside, I eventually come to Big Devil's Fork Creek and headed a bit downstream; it was almost dark now and I pitched my tent on the first semilevel spot I found. I bear-bagged the food from a limb and crawled into the tent. Although there were a few mosquitos around, the temperature was perfect and a beautiful moon came up to boot. I slept well and got up before  sunrise to hike to Twin Falls for a few shots. Just before dark, I shot this view of Big Devil's Fork Creek:  (next)

No comments: